Where to buy fish medication in Canada.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Willu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
This is the one I ordered.

Comes from Hikari direct in the US. It could be seized at the border, but honestly who cares if it is, Amazon will refund it. If it's not, then I have Prazipro on hand. All good.
Was there a different seller on their at the time? Even though it is listed under Hikari USA it isn't actually coming from them. Its from a company called "The Vitamin Guys".

1566576996191.png


Amazon is a pain at times...
 
There are plenty of US retailers that ship to Canada. I bought medications to last for the next few years before everything got taken off the shelves. Hopefully this will be resolved before my supply runs out. Eventually you would hope common sense will prevail.

You also have the option of going to the US to get it. Declare what you have, and leave it up to them. While stores are no longer allowed to sell medications I don't know, nor do I want to know if we are allowed to have them. Declare what you have and leave it up to them. Same as when I bring fish or other stuff back from the US. I even buy my PE Mysis from the US because shipping in rural Canada sucks and it's easier / cheaper for me to have it shipped across the border and pick it up there.

The other option is to talk to your LFS' if you are close with them. Again since we are not seeing tanks full of dead fish I would say that fish are still being medicated to some extent. Finally you can always go the vet route but it will cost you. I have heard that a lot of vets are unwilling to see fish, but if they are going to strictly enforce this law they should at least be required to write you the prescription after you provide some proof the fish needs it. Years ago when I needed cipro for an anemone I could not get any vet to give me any.
 
Walked into a local pet store and bought a big bottle of PraziPro right off the shelf. Pimafix and Melifix as well, but I'm not sure what restricted sand what's not. Didn't see any copper meds.

If my Amazon order of PraziPro Congress through as well I'll be happy to ship it to another Canadian reefer in need.
 
Okay Amazon came through. I have PraziPro and Malichite Green in hand.

Any other Canadian trying to get PraziPro I can send one of my two bottles if you need. You pay what I paid, I'm not interested in being a profit vulture here.

Hey. New to the hobby. Need help on stocking my meds. Have you found a way to get hands on meds? HELP!
 
Hey. New to the hobby. Need help on stocking my meds. Have you found a way to get hands on meds? HELP!
I ordered my medications from various sources on ebay, I was able to get prazipro, cupramine and chloroquine phosphate. I did not experience any problems with importing them, I may have been lucky.
I would tell you which vendors I purchased from, but my order history was cleared at some point.
 
Just order from BRS...it will make it through
They won’t ship it to Canada, when you try it won’t let you buy it and it’ll tell you that x item in your cart cannot be shipped to Canada bc medication cannot be shipped into Canada. It’s the first thing I tried back when I was trying to buy the meds.
 
Okay Amazon came through. I have PraziPro and Malichite Green in hand.

Any other Canadian trying to get PraziPro I can send one of my two bottles if you need. You pay what I paid, I'm not interested in being a profit vulture here.
is your second bottle of PraziPro still available, I live in Northern Ontario and could really use it?
 
hey! wondering if there was ever a solution for this? I am currently in SERIOUS need of prazipro to help my PBT with flukes. I even found a veterinarian willing to write a prescription, we just don't know where to get it from.

PLEASE HELP
 
hey! wondering if there was ever a solution for this? I am currently in SERIOUS need of prazipro to help my PBT with flukes. I even found a veterinarian willing to write a prescription, we just don't know where to get it from.

PLEASE HELP
Order from bulk reef supply, I ordered and got it, shipping is high, but you will receive it
 
They won’t ship it to Canada, when you try it won’t let you buy it and it’ll tell you that x item in your cart cannot be shipped to Canada bc medication cannot be shipped into Canada. It’s the first thing I tried back when I was trying to buy the meds.
It ships, trust me. This was last week again.

20201019_210220.jpg
 
I found it easy to get anything through eBay. The suppliers mark pet supplies and it just goes through as long as the value is low.
I got GC, Prazi, Copper power, focus and so on.
Give it two weeks though for shipping.
Tom
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top