Where to place coral in tank.

joss.gamble

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Location
England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've managed to get hold of a small piece of Blastomussa Merletti from my LFS, and I'm really pleased with it. At the moment it's a tiny 2 head colony and I really want it to do well, any advice on where to put it in the tank for best results?

The tank is a small little 28g nano.

Thanks.
 
Just place it directly on the sand. These corals are not too demanding when it comes down to lighting & flow IME. They also appreciate a feeding every now & then. (NLS pellets, live brine shrimp or black worms etc)
 
Fab, thanks. I'll pop it on the sand tonight when I get home. Just discovered a small little, I assume new, polyp that has appeared. Hope that's a sign that it's nice and healthy!
 
Sounds like it. Be sure and post a pic so we can see it. :thumb:

Pic attached, only a little specimen, but I like him!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431191168.820586.jpg
 
Have you tried feeding it anything yet? These things are voracious eaters IME. One of those LPS corals where you can literally see it growing right before your eyes. Kind of like a Duncan.

 
Not yet, the tank is only 4 months old, and I've got a bit of a phosphate (and red slime outbreak) issue (all the other perams are fine) so my LFS has suggested keeping feeding down to a minimum at the moment.

That said, I really want to, I have a Duncan as well with 4 heads, it's beautiful, and I'm desperate to see that feed. I've not had a lot of growth out of him yet, but I think it's because of the lack of feeding.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top