Which amino acid brand is king?

  • Thread starter Thread starter olonmv
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I'm not sure it matters which amino acids are dosed. They are all a good source of N.

IMO, it is possible that aspartic acid may be better than the others, for reasons I outlined twenty years ago:


"Interestingly, the apparently large need for a particular amino acid (aspartic acid) to synthesize these proteins is satisfied by external sources, not by either the coral itself or the zooxanthellae. For this reason, it might be interesting to see what added aspartic acid does to calcification rates in reef tanks."
Super long read and will have to sit down and read and re-read most of it before my brain can understand it. Thank you for the input!
 
Super long read and will have to sit down and read and re-read most of it before my brain can understand it. Thank you for the input!

It's not mostly about amino acids, so if that is the main interest, I'd keep that article on the back burner. :)
 
I've had great success with very moderately dosing (25% of what's suggested) both FUEL and Acropower. I dose Acropower Mon,Wed,Fri and FUEL Tues,Thu, nothing on Sunday.

The FUEL does wonders for my Zoas and LPS but did little for my Acro's (I used it exclusively for about 6 months )

When I was only dosing Acropower I noticed amazing (FAST) results with my Acro's but not so much for my zoas. so.....

After playing with several dosing routines, my best results for SPS and LPS appeared to be when dosing both FUEL AND Acropower so I've stuck with it for roughly a year and never looked back. Just my experience
 
It's not mostly about amino acids, so if that is the main interest, I'd keep that article on the back burner. :)
Yes, You explain on various parts of how calcification occurs and the process’s which occur in skeleton building are interesting. I’m just a layman and have to decipher most of it.
 
I meant to add, I believe iodine to be a key factor with regards to dosing FUEL and my Zoas growth/health , Acropower contains much less iodine.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top