Which powerhead for my cadlight 68g? Vortech/gyre?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyscer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

lyscer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
132
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a clean and sleek look that really moves some water. The tank will be Sps dominant so I have been considering doing an mp40qwd and an mp10 but wanted to see what others thought or if there is a better bang for my buck. I also need the powerhead to be quiet.

Thanks!
 
I would do the MP40 and MP10 instead of the gyre. I don't see what all the excitement about the gyre is about. Its just another way to move water around.
 
I like my gyre. Few reasons. Moves alot of water and over a big space. you can kinda hide them on the back wall! Cost isn't bad either xf130 is what 200?. I mean 700 bucks for a mp40 and a mp10. I would do the gyre
 
I may try the gyre. I finally finished squad aping today and could easily put it on the back wall of my tank. I figure it should be easy to sale if I decide I don't like it. Thanks for the input.
 
Gyre gets my vote as well. Very discreet, moves a lot of water without having to move the pump all over the place. For all that it does, cannot beat the price. My SPS seem to love it [emoji2]
 
Jabeo RW 15 $78 on Amazon it will more then take care of your needs I gave it a shot after my MP 10s would not work on my 3/4 acrylic tank its a 4ft tank and it way to powerful for my tank I probably should have gone with the Rw 8 great bang for the buck
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top