which t5 bulb to add to g5 blue

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
403
Reaction score
108
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys... im currently running 3x radion g5 blues on my 120 gallon sps dominated tank. unfortunately, shadow seems to b the problem still. planning to add ati t5 bulb( 1 each on each side). question is which colour do u guys think is best? purple or blue?
 
If you are only doing two, I would do 2 blue plus. Personally, I would do 4 and do 2 blue plus, coral plus and one actinic.
 
I would lean toward 2 coral plus also since you have the blue radions I guess. But then you must prefer things on the blue side so go with a pair of blue plus. I would just pick something with a good full spectrum.
 
This forum is awesome. I was just searching for this exact topic.

Given that the spread of the G5 is so much better, and the color is really solid, the T5 to me is just some extra fill light. I also think that I want fill light for the main viewing period of the tank, most certainly afternoon and evening. So...I think letting the LEDs run the ramp up and get to full color (I ramp more blue for fluorescence), and then pop on matched t5s sounds good. Now I just need to get a good bulb that is close to the ab+ - since I have only one fixture on each side of the LEDs and want the bulbs to be the same if possible. That's probably Coral Plus given AB+ is 3:1 b+:abs and C+ is a mix of those two? Close enough?
 
Last edited:
Ok honestly if it were me and I do like the SPS. I would put in a pair of GE 65k bulbs fo run during peak daylight time. The Radions can take care the ramping up and down and the fun trick lighting. I run a 250w metal halide with a gen4 pro on my tank and when the halide is on during the day for 6 hours I feel like my corals are suntanning and they are loving it.
 
Evening

Everyone pretty much nailed it. I would not get the purpleif you are looking for visual appeal. They are good, but do not add much to the visble spectrum.

You spent the money on those sweet blues, I say best would be the coral + as mentioned and let the rations handle the rest. The Blue + would be fine as well.

this may help. Brs also has something similar

 
Either coral+, purple + or if you want an even whiter look, go with aquablue specials.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top