Which tank manufacturers do you shop from?

What brands do you recommend?

  • CAD

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • SC aquariums

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Red Sea

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other fill in

    Votes: 9 56.3%

  • Total voters
    16

AaronFReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
765
Reaction score
653
Location
Monterey, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you were going to buy a tank in the four to six foot range 24” high and deep, what brands would you be looking at? I need a stand with leveling feet for my somewhat uneven vinyl planing over a bumpy slab and so T slot stands are a plus. I’d like a bean animal overflow and starphire glass. Black armored seams and a starboard/pvc bottom are a big plus.

Shoot away!
 
2054E6C3-B1CF-412E-B787-4917E448C81F.jpeg
5D80BB6E-06C5-4D40-9937-F28027066C74.jpeg


Hellooooooooo, Glass Cages!
 
Glass cages gets a mixed review. If you want a high level of fit and finish, they are probably not for you. But if you want a custom tank and you are willing to have a few blemishes, I have heard that they are just fine.
 
Planet aquarium has a small lead.

I should have asked about t-slot stand manufacturers as well. Have been considering getting a t-slot stand and then getting some cabinetry maker to make magnetic mounted sides.
 
Glass cages gets a mixed review. If you want a high level of fit and finish, they are probably not for you. But if you want a custom tank and you are willing to have a few blemishes, I have heard that they are just fine.
Thanks for the mention @PatW. truly appreciated.

Since the transition in October of 2019, mix reviews have been slim to none. We have done so much by humbly listening to everyone and adjusting the company to serve better. product a better product and innovate some new things to the industry. We are having a blast. Below is a summary of the transition.

During October of 2019 there was a major transformation at Glass Cages.

Glass Cages Transformation:
• Leadership Change
• Quality Assurance with QA Check Points
• Digital Production Tracking
• Improved Customer Service
• CAD drawing and approval processes
• Major Investments in Fabrication Equipment
• Polished Edges are now standard on all builds

We are not stopping with these improvements. Please see our reviews after October 2019 on Facebook, instagram, google and Reef2Reef. We have asked our new customers to share the truth. Knowing the truth allows us to reinforce the good and correct our challenges.

I am so excited and proud of our Glass Cages Team. We look forward to hearing from you about how we can serve you better now and in the future.
 
After buying a Waterbox from a fellow reefer on here, I would never buy anything with the name Waterbox again.
R2R member had a brand new tank 105.4 in the crate without a plumbing kit and they refused to sell me a plumbing kit (which if you didn’t know are specific to this brand of aquarium) , I am kinda upset that I bought my first tank from them.
No reason to wonder why bulk reef supply doesn’t sell them.
 
After buying a Waterbox from a fellow reefer on here, I would never buy anything with the name Waterbox again.
R2R member had a brand new tank 105.4 in the crate without a plumbing kit and they refused to sell me a plumbing kit (which if you didn’t know are specific to this brand of aquarium) , I am kinda upset that I bought my first tank from them.
No reason to wonder why bulk reef supply doesn’t sell them.
Replace the bulkheads with the next size down and fill in the gap with silicone
 
Replace the bulkheads with the next size down and fill in the gap with silicone
The next size down is half inch in standard bulkheads, they are metric holes
 
I ordered a CDA 60x24” tank. What leaned me towered them was a couple things.
1. I reached out for quotes from many of the top names in custom tanks. They where the first too respond in a reasonable amount of time.
2. their stands look amazing. Steel wrapped in wood.
I don’t have tank yet but I’m sure I will be happy with it.
 
I ordered a CDA 60x24” tank. What leaned me towered them was a couple things.
1. I reached out for quotes from many of the top names in custom tanks. They where the first too respond in a reasonable amount of time.
2. their stands look amazing. Steel wrapped in wood.
I don’t have tank yet but I’m sure I will be happy with it.
I haven’t decided yet. Funny this got a ping as it was what I was thinking through at 430 this morning when the youngest woke up with a “spider” (clothes fuzz) on her

I’m leaning heavily on the CDA for the steel stand with wood wrap as well. I love that they let you put a PVC bottom in as well. The issue I was thinking through was how to secure a manifold to a steel stand. Im sure it’s solved but it was what my sleep-deprived mind was working on.
 
Already found some discussion on the topic:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top