Whip fin wrasse and tank mates ..

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
598
Reaction score
335
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I currently have a blue star leopard wrasse, a lubbocks fairy wrasse, and a goby.

I was wondering would a whip fin be a good addition? My lfs has one and its gorgeous, so I just want to know if what I have is compatible.
 
Whip fin is supposedly aggressive and doesn't mix well with other fairies.

What is the tank size?
 
It's a 40 gallon.

After doing a but more reading I think I'm gonna stay away from it. Everyone I've read said it was to aggressive to be with other wrasse. So I'm not gonna get it.
 
Yup, the online sites list it as peaceful but it's definitely semi-aggressive. Oh and 3 wrasses in a 40 gallon is definitely a cramped setup. The Lubbock's and Blue Star should have a 4 foot long tank ideally.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top