White poop on established coral beauty

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2020
Messages
91
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here. I’m the relatively new owner of an established tank. It’s got 4 fish, a coral beauty, one spot foxface, cardinal, and blue tang. They’ve all been in the tank a year plus. There have only been a few inverts and coral added the past 3 months.
The past day the coral beauty has had a white stringy poop. From my reading it sounds like intentional parasites.

Questions:
Do fish parasites just sprung up like this?

Should I treat? I have General Cure and Focus. I won’t be able to catch the coral beauty, she’s very shy so I’ll have to feed medicated food to all the fish.

If I don’t treat, us it likely the other fish will develop problems?

I’ve got two clowns in a observation quarantine tank I was going to add next week. Should I hold off adding them?

Any guidance is appreciated.
 
White and stringy poop gets our attention. But we also look to see if the fish is eating like crazy but its stomach is shrunken or pinched in too.
 
Does the CB look thin? Fish sometimes can carry internals for long periods of time before they become a major problem.
 
No, seems thick and chunky like the other fish. It eats less than the others because it’s so shy, but eating habits haven’t changed in the past 60 days.
 
Okay, tell us what you have been feeding. Flake, mysis. ..etc
 
I’ve been feeding a cube of frozen Mysis alternating with Rods food every other day. I also put in a quarter sheet of nori daily.
 
I was able to get a picture tonight but you can’t really see the streamer well.

73A19A02-4373-4500-AA81-03ABED94AB14.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top