white spot in clownfish lips or mouth?

efrainrodz.94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2020
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Location
Fort Lauderdale,
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just realized that my clownfish has a white spot in his mouth or... I don't really know what it is. Should I be concerned?


Thank you!

IMG_0551.jpg
 
Could be a scrape, especially if the other guy is ok... don't make any quick adjustments as that could create a problem (potentially).. were your parameters ok before the H2O change?
 
Is that another white spot on its' cheek or just it's marking? Also have you just added anything new to the tank?
 
Could be a scrape, especially if the other guy is ok... don't make any quick adjustments as that could create a problem (potentially).. were your parameters ok before the H2O change?


I was due for my water change well today (Thursday), my ammonia was 0, nitrates 0 and nitrite 0 everything was looking well. I haven't checked my salinity.
 
Is that another white spot on its' cheek or just it's marking? Also have you just added anything new to the tank?

Is just marking, I added a green clown goby today but he is hiding and playing around the rocks. Maybe the clowns were fighting between each other? I am going to observe their behaviors
 
Is just marking, I added a green clown goby today but he is hiding and playing around the rocks. Maybe the clowns were fighting between each other? I am going to observe their behaviors


They are my babies and I get scared if anything happens to them.
 
I don’t know much about this, but for some reason when I saw this I was thinking what a fish would look like if it got stung by a bristleworm seeing as what it does to humans. I imagine it looking like that lol
 
They are my babies and I get scared if anything happens to them.
You wouldn't be here otherwise... I TOTALLY GET THAT! Could just be stressed about the new guy too. I am sure, from what you said everything will be fine.. but keep us updated! I'm following you and the thread should any changes happen & plenty of others will jump in to help as well. BTW... They are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see pics of the new guy too!
 
You wouldn't be here otherwise... I TOTALLY GET THAT! Could just be stressed about the new guy too. I am sure, from what you said everything will be fine.. but keep us updated! I'm following you and the thread should any changes happen & plenty of others will jump in to help as well. BTW... They are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see pics of the new guy too!
Thank you so much!!! Do you have pictures of your tank?? I would like to see it :D

here is the Instagram I created for my tank. If you see a banggai cardinal, he is gone :( I think someone bullied him and he was intimidated.

6BEA71C8-9161-472C-8F0C-4F9DF1A8BF22.png
 
Poor guy. I have some of my now QT... I had a massive loss when first starting out, made some mistakes and learned from them (thanks to everyone here). I will be posting up the new 180 soon. LOVING YOUR TANK!!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top