White spots on clown… ich?

bennyb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

The last few days my clown started acting weird, staying low to the sand and flicking some up with his tail. He’s also contracted this white dust/spots on him. Looks like ich from what I’ve researched but I’ve never personally dealt with it. I’d love some help ID-ing the issue. Btw, the white looks much more pronounced in the photos because the way the camera reacts to the blue light…

If it is ich, please give some advice as to what I should do. Thanks!

IMG_2335.jpeg IMG_2334.jpeg
 
Hey all,

The last few days my clown started acting weird, staying low to the sand and flicking some up with his tail. He’s also contracted this white dust/spots on him. Looks like ich from what I’ve researched but I’ve never personally dealt with it. I’d love some help ID-ing the issue. Btw, the white looks much more pronounced in the photos because the way the camera reacts to the blue light…

If it is ich, please give some advice as to what I should do. Thanks!

IMG_2335.jpeg IMG_2334.jpeg
While I suspect possible brooklynella, please provide pics under white light intensity for best assessment
 
I agree, looks like it could be Brooklynella. A video taken under white lights would really help with the diagnosis. You'll need to react really quickly to this in order to save the fish though.....

Jay
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top