White spots on glass, what are they?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Messages
5,104
Reaction score
5,133
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if these are tiny snails or something else.

looks like a tiny muscle under a shell, it scrapes off and leaves a white ring where the animal was.

This was wild live rock so im actually not sure of what it is and I've never seen it before.

More are popping up.

20220417_185143.jpg 20220417_185120.jpg
 
I'm not sure if these are tiny snails or something else.

looks like a tiny muscle under a shell, it scrapes off and leaves a white ring where the animal was.

This was wild live rock so im actually not sure of what it is and I've never seen it before.

More are popping up.

20220417_185143.jpg 20220417_185120.jpg
Looks like snail eggs to me, what type of snails do you have?
 
Looks like nerite snail eggs
 
Looks like nerite snail eggs
I agree with this, they look like nerite snail eggs. Just extra food for the fish I guess. They will probably not hatch, and if they do they will still be fish food basically. In my opinion its nothing to worry about!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top