White star shaped tiny critter that swims like a jelly?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
3,968
Reaction score
4,419
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saw this tiny star shaped thing on the glass, when I touched it with a metal tool it let go and swim around kind of like a jellyfish. I think it got sucked into the powerhead, but I’m sure if there’s one there’s more.

E371FCA8-F163-4643-A59C-649D53792C0C.jpeg

0FD036BD-7B83-471B-BCB3-5443AE55C520.jpeg
 
Saw this tiny star shaped thing on the glass, when I touched it with a metal tool it let go and swim around kind of like a jellyfish. I think it got sucked into the powerhead, but I’m sure if there’s one there’s more.

E371FCA8-F163-4643-A59C-649D53792C0C.jpeg

0FD036BD-7B83-471B-BCB3-5443AE55C520.jpeg
Athecat hydroid jelly fish. Net it and remove from tank
 
Uh-oh, well I can’t net it now. . . Think it got shredded in the power head. . . I’ll keep an eye out for more
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top