Whitetail Bristletooth Tang Disease ID

Tidalwave

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2017
Messages
46
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I recently purchased a Whitetail Bristletooth Tang from DD on LA. He/she arrived yesterday and immediately went into my QT tank when I noticed that the tang has some black marks on his lips. I've included some pictures to see what the lips look like. (I apologize that they are blurry. This fish is always on the move!)
What do you guys think about these marks, and what treatment might be called for in this situation? Thanks everyone!

IMG_3319.JPG




IMG_3323.JPG


IMG_3325.JPG
 
It looks maybe like an injury to me? I think observation, with an antibiotic at the ready just in case.

Is it eating yet? You could add vitamins or selcon to its food, and offer plenty of algae/nori.
 
It looks maybe like an injury to me? I think observation, with an antibiotic at the ready just in case.

Is it eating yet? You could add vitamins or selcon to its food, and offer plenty of algae/nori.

Thank you for your quick reply!
He didn't eat last night, but I wasn't too concerned as he had just arrived.

Sounds good! I will just continue my TTM procedures and continue to observe for any changes. I currently have Furan-2, MetroPlex, KanaPlex, PraziPro, and Cupramine on hand just in case. Would you suggest anything else to have as a backup?
 
Thank you for your quick reply!
He didn't eat last night, but I wasn't too concerned as he had just arrived.

Sounds good! I will just continue my TTM procedures and continue to observe for any changes. I currently have Furan-2, MetroPlex, KanaPlex, PraziPro, and Cupramine on hand just in case. Would you suggest anything else to have as a backup?

You're welcome. I think you should be pretty well covered with what you have. The only other thing I think that might come in handy if this turns out to be bacterial, is acriflavine.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top