Who has painted stands and canopies.

Can I paint a stand & canopy if I fish in the tank already??

You can, but I would tape off and seal the entire tank with plastic to keep the fumes out. Spay paint I wouldn't use.
 
Nice look. I am thinking about an off white with a glaze.
Nice! Yea it came out pretty good! White is nice, it makes you only focus on the display and not really even notice the stand is there. That was my goal lol.
 
Stained it to match woodwork in the house

016B94CA-A65A-4FA0-868E-A79CEA6494B1.jpeg
 
Made my stand a few yrs back for my PA 5x2x2 150g. I countersunk rare earth magnets on all the four door panels so they could be removed for ease of access to the sump... Well after the tank hit it's one yr mark my house flooded, and after a yr of being on hands and knees I decided to move the tank to another wall & put sump under my stairs.. I love the building process and that satisfaction you get when it all comes together!

20180505_205149.jpg


20180420_144949.jpg
 
Here’s my DIY painted stand! (The pic was taken before I finished the edges and inside of the doors, hence what appears to be an unfinished look)
upload_2019-2-18_22-32-15.jpeg
 
No pictures right now but I used Benjamin Moore Advance paint to paint my two stands. I used it to refinish my kitchen cabinets a few years ago and its the best paint Ive ever used. Expensive at 80$ Canadian a gallon but worth every cent.
 
I'm getting ready to paint mine, looking for a little inspiration.

Let's see some pics!

I painted the inside of the canopy & stand with marine paint made by rustoleum. It's deck paint. They make one for hulls, but it's got copper in it to keep barnacles away. DO NOT USE THAT ONE! I stained & polyurethaned the outsides.
20190203_235102.jpg
20181106_022904.jpg
20181107_131922.jpg
20181126_101121.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top