Who is breeding marine fish right now?

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
1,740
Reaction score
36
Location
Bradley
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to start my own breeding program, and am wondering who all on this forum currently breeds fish. I would like to start sharing information with as many different breeders as possible so that we can all have better success. I am going to be starting with Bangaii's as they are one of the easier species to rear, and being as they are endangered I want to try and provide people with another option to wild caught of this species.
 
Yupp I'm getting a known female from Matt to use to sex the rest of the ones I get. Thanks though Gary.
 
Yupp I'm getting a known female from Matt to use to sex the rest of the ones I get. Thanks though Gary.

how's that? just if they fight or not?

i don't breed them, i let them do that on their own :tongue:

seriously, though. I've got a pair in my dt that reproduce. I've got 10-15 babies in my sump right now.

not the same thing as what you're talking about, though
 
I have a tank i take care of that has a breeding pair of Bangaii Cardinals. I catch the babies out all the time.
 
I'm moving in that direction, but I need to build a rack for my broodstock system before I can fill it with water and put my fish in it :( Here's what I've got thus far:
-2 picasso pairs
-snowflake pair
-black ocellaris pair
-Rod's onyx pair

I'd like to add:
-neon goby pair
-blenny pair of some sort
-tiger goby pair
-maybe some grammas or dottybacks\

And someday:
-RCT interruptus pair (but they'll be in my display tank)
 
How did you get the pair of Rod's onyx? I want a pair but don't know how to order them from him.

Thanks,
Monica
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top