Who makes/sells a 6 foot rimless?

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
827
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I currently have an Elos system 120. I am moving this summer into a house. I think it would be the easiest to set up a new tank, let it cycle and then slowly add my livestock over the course of the entire summer ( I will have time to do this). Now, my Elos tank is beautiful, however, I dont feel its worth dropping 8K on a bigger system. My question is what tank manufactures are out there that can make me or has already, a tank about 72x24x24? I def want another rimless as well. I was looking at this 150 Gallon Long Starfire Center Overflow 60x24x24" 12mm - StarFire Glass Tanks
but know nothing about them.
 
where are you located? If you are just looking for an off the shelf unit, what you have listed may work, or a DSA, marineland, Deep blue, etc. If you are looking for custom, there are quite a few quality builders, but obviously unless you are set on a specific builder, choosing a quality shop closer to home is generally a better idea.

get ahold of JPG@CFI, hes here on R2R and does outstanding work. Ive only seen photos/read experiences, but nothing short of awesome! On my personal short list of tank builders to contact, for new projects.
 
Last edited:
where are you located? If you are just looking for an off the shelf unit, what you have listed may work, or a DSA, marineland, Deep blue, etc. If you are looking for custom, there are quite a few quality builders, but obviously unless you are set on a specific builder, choosing a quality shop closer to home is generally a better idea.

get ahold of JPG@CFI, hes here on R2R and does outstanding work. Ive only seen photos/read experiences, but nothing short of awesome! On my personal short list of tank builders to contact, for new projects.

Do you have anyone experience with him? I've been speaking with him and he's given me an awesome quote on a custom tank and stand.
 
A lot of people are having good luck with ReefSavvy. I believe they are at a 4 month wait time and are located in Florida.
 
Go with the best and dont look back man. Local wills ave you about 1.2K on shipping and crate. So that's a big tipping point to go with local builders. Find the best local builder you can find and go from there. Reefsavy is amazing but again the shipping cost. A reefsavvy will be as good as your Elos in term of build quality. They are not cheap either. But who wants a cheap tank? I dont.... Speaking from experience here.
 
No, I dont have any personal experience with Jason. Just seen some of his work, and read many of his posts. Seems like a great guy and does very quality work.

As for glass or acrylic....thats up to you, and is an often debated topic. Each has their pros and cons.

Lastly, Felix and the crew at reef savvy do fantastic work also. Have no personal build experience, but have communicated through email a few times.

Keep us posted on your choice!!
 
Well, I emailed Reefsavvy and am awaiting their response. The place in NJ, quoted me $5800 3/4 inch glass and stand all wood stand. Jason quoted me $2100 plus it would around $600 for shipping. He's now working up a full quote with a 4 and 1/2 foot sump.
 
Call Chris and Coast to Coast Custom Aquariums in NJ. Works of art. I have a five foot starfire rimless of theirs. I'd buy it all over again.
 
His ebay name is hunter187654321 and his store is Acrylic Creations. Here's a pic of my tank. He also did my sump.
 

Attachments

  • 1402504188344.jpg
    1402504188344.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 288

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top