Whos running Kessil 360WE on a SHALLOW tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glweek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

glweek

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2012
Messages
223
Reaction score
89
Location
Ferndale, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey was running an AI prime on my previous tank and recently moved to a 24x24x12 cube and a 360WE. Im trying to figure this thing out for intensity so could yall please post:
Tank depth
Light height from water surface
Light settings (including intensity, color, ramp up and down times)

Im currently running at 35%intensity 23% color for 8 hours with a one hour ramp up and ramp down and 14" above the water surface. I had it at 45 and everything looked pretty mad with my nem running all over the tank. Lowered it down to 35% and things look to be doing better.
 
Hey was running an AI prime on my previous tank and recently moved to a 24x24x12 cube and a 360WE. Im trying to figure this thing out for intensity so could yall please post:
Tank depth
Light height from water surface
Light settings (including intensity, color, ramp up and down times)

Im currently running at 35%intensity 23% color for 8 hours with a one hour ramp up and ramp down and 14" above the water surface. I had it at 45 and everything looked pretty mad with my nem running all over the tank. Lowered it down to 35% and things look to be doing better.

If it helps I'm running the 160 over a 5.5 which is 10 inches deep. I did start out kind of high in the spectrum and like you, made everyone mad.

Right now I'm running max 33% intensity and 60% on color and everyone is looking really happy.

I'd keep the light above 8 inches over the water so you have better spread.

Take a picture for us?
 
60% color is massively white; I start to get algae with anything over 30%. not sure if the 160 is different but 0% is all blue with no white on the 360. Ill get some pictures at some point today
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top