Whot schedule do you run your T5 lights with your LED

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

johnj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
482
Reaction score
215
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got a aqualife t5 hybrid fixture running 4x 80watt ati tubes and 3x hydra 26hd also"

running the led for 12 hours on 70% power with 2 hour ramp up and dowm! My T5 (only front pair) come on at 12 midday to 20.00 night "

is this to much time for the T5 s to be on with my LED lights?

Ask because my lps get 180 -220 par on sand bed when led/T5 s are on together
 
I have 4ft, 90 gallon with Aquatic Life Fixture, so 4x54 watt. I have 2 Kessil AP700 that come on at 7am, ramp up to 55% from 11am-3pm, ramp down to off at 9pm. I run 4-ATI bulbs (B+, C+, P+, B+) for 5 hours during peak time, 10am-3pm. I‘ve never measured par, but I have lots of softies, leathers grow like weeds (although none are more than 1/2 high up in tank). A torch on sand bed, seems very happy. Gorgonians, I think, almost entire height of tank. BTA’s about 1/3 of the way up, settled and happy. Cabbage coral on the bottom and GSP middle to high. I may have to raise the % of kessil when I add SPS, but for now, it works. Hope that helps!
 
Iv got ATI B+ and P+ at front that comes on! but don't have the rear come on because will be to much par! I love the spread of light from T5s but when they switch off the tank has more POP with just LED on for last 2 hours
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top