Why can’t I keep clowns alive

I also didn’t know my tank was overstocked. I did on ton of research on here before and someone had a nuvo 20 with 5 fish including a flame angel.

There are people that do or promote doing things like that...

Take a breather, let existing fish chill for a bit.
I hate to suggest getting rid of gift angel, but tank may be small for it really, though cool of your uncle to gift that to you.

Sounds like you got it handled but be mindful when you see other tanks, what equipment and the setup they have.

There wasn’t much mention about the tank with respects to sand, live rock, macro algae reactor/refugium. Keep in mind the bio load they generate and how it’s removed in your specific tank. I can see a situation where a fish perishes if it’s newly introduced, stressed and bio loads start to rise IMO.

To end: you probably did but if you didn’t: consider dosing beneficial bacteria as if performing a water change when introducing anything new. I personally dose 5x the first day then normal dose for the tank the following 6 days if you ever consider.

Fluval Flex 15G
Picasso Clown
Black Flurry Clown
Tailspot Blenny
Gorgeous Prawn Goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
& misc. CuC

f583547d91afa28cbcf1950925d05648.jpg


98f4d0f8dbc6e9908bf2bcd14509585b.jpg


12d1b59499bc6341f3e82cb1811d3a23.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top