Why has my anemone shrunk by almost 10x the size?

Qusai A.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I got my 2 anemones 6months ago. They have shrunk down to the size of a dime and a quarter. They have never filled up to the size they were when I first got them. All my other corals, softies, LPS, and a montipora have been doing excellent. So I am really confused, I have a fuge also.
Below I have included a before and after pic
58c8b3eb56d6b156d950be4607e1daa7.jpg
befd3a15aef30321ef0f210408a9fa4f.jpg
 
How much light are you giving them?

Now that I think of it, that area of the tank gets less light then all the other areas, how can I move such a tiny anemone from the foot of it?
 
Now that I think of it, that area of the tank gets less light then all the other areas, how can I move such a tiny anemone from the foot of it?

I will try increasing the percentage on the LED’s for that area of the tank.
 
Aside from lighting did you do a large water change recently?
 
Now that I think of it, that area of the tank gets less light then all the other areas, how can I move such a tiny anemone from the foot of it?

I would not try to detach it from rock with it already being in a weakened state..


I will try increasing the percentage on the LED’s for that area of the tank.

They need a lot of light to be happy, what kind of lighting are you using?
 
I would not try to detach it from rock with it already being in a weakened state..




They need a lot of light to be happy, what kind of lighting are you using?

I am using a marine econlux solar stinger sunstrip and another marine econlux solar stinger (don’t know model atm). They are German brands
 
Yes but the rock was cycle before I had it. I would say within a week they shrunk down to almost what they are now. I do not feed them specifically
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top