Why is there a caterpillar in my tank

There could definitely be more! And who knows what else. I’m assuming you bought live rock?
Of course there are more and there will continue to be more in a healthy tank.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will say if you remove the rock to attempt to extract him wear gloves. I can guarantee there are more in your tank and the will scare the hell out of you when you turn the rock over and see more. And that’s if you don’t get stung. Learned that the hard way when I moved earlier this year
 
I’ve seen bristle and fireworms extracted from tanks to never return. Depends on the size of infestation, amount of rock, size of tank, etc.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No fireworms dont always have the orange tufts but color and shape of the body say bristle to me...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top