Why WYSIWYG is so important (especially with chalices)

  • Thread starter Thread starter mnat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
All of the above are cool none the less BUT don't jump on a bandwagon just to make $$$$ without the right equipment.
 
At least you can see that the frag is encrusted and is remotely close to what you think you're buying. The forum is pretty understanding that we all don't have $2,000 macro cameras.

Don't get me wrong, you don't need a 2,000$ camera to take good photos. I wish I had one, but I don't have that either and I take pretty kick butt photos. Not better then allot of people on here, but I try. I feel like some people don't try enough to get good photos.
 
++100 i will not buy any frags that are not wysiwyg, you never get what you exspect..from baby polyps that look nothing like the adult to polyps the size of a point on a pen, to booger tiny chalice frgas that were cut the day before shipping................its all karma...those guys DON'T get the thousands i spend on corals anymore..........

there you go buddy, totally agree. some people dont understand cutting and glueing zoas is bad also, they need the meat attached to rock to thrive. when you cut and glue they either fall off from shrinking and expanding or take forever to grow. but people still do this, i do not buy from people that do this.
 
Don't get me wrong, you don't need a 2,000$ camera to take good photos. I wish I had one, but I don't have that either and I take pretty kick butt photos. Not better then allot of people on here, but I try. I feel like some people don't try enough to get good photos.

lol this is why i bought my nikon d5100 and 85mm macro :) i didnt spend 2 grand more like 1200. but still if your on a budget get a cheaper DSLR and tamron and youll take good pics. my note 3 takes better pics than most people on here cell phone pics :)
 
should we start a list of whos bad or good or what?

Not in this thread, LOL. I don't want it to get shut down because I think this is important for people to read.

I agree with the above that the splatters are not rainbows and should not be considered rainbows. Different growth patterns, different colors and different conditions to be kept alive under.

Also, I wanted to bring up the point, get the colony shot. I have seen chalices were the vendor snaps a marco of a tiny part of the chalice that is rainbow and the rest of it is blah. They then cut and sell the blah parts so your chance of getting them there slim and will take years.
 
Not in this thread, LOL. I don't want it to get shut down because I think this is important for people to read.

yeah true, just trying to keep vendors and people honest bro. thats the way it should be people are paying good money, and are often disappointed. the list would be nice though lol to know whos good and bad. would probably help people change their ways
 
I was one of those bonehead that got all excited and started paying for not actually seeing what I am going to get. The reason I joined this forum is to be able to get what we cannot get locally, but I was mislead several times by a couple of vendors here by sending me booger size frags that will take years to even see any color, learned my lesson painfully and hopefully the new reefers take these advice on this thread.
See the actual frag before paying.
 
I was one of those bonehead that got all excited and started paying for not actually seeing what I am going to get. The reason I joined this forum is to be able to get what we cannot get locally, but I was mislead several times by a couple of vendors here by sending me booger size frags that will take years to even see any color, learned my lesson painfully and hopefully the new reefers take these advice on this thread.
See the actual frag before paying.
+++++1 on that i believe it happened to most of us ,,,,live and learn . They are still a few great vendors on r2r that i personally deal with , yes some photo shop a bit , but atleast they send wysiwyg pieces and also true pieces . Not saying they have bpc ft and send a noobie a look alike but not a true bpc . its ashame what ppl will do to make a almighty dollar
 
Lineage is key too me as well as wysiwyg photos. I have heard of horror stories as too vendors taking advantage of a noob or 2 on here heck even I got taken before. It happens to all but I have reef'd enough to have learned my lesson. I like my eye candy and will only buy from reputable reefers. With that said even reputable reefers/vendors can be in question now a days to misleading customers in thinking they are buying legit pieces when they have not. This is a great thread thanks for starting it Mike. Let's keep the posts coming guys n gals
 
Last edited:
Not sure if the vendor you are referring to is who's name is on the colony pix. The picture has a LFS watermark on it. That LFS is great to deal with. Many times i have visited the store and they will show me the mother colony.

I love places online that show both colony and frag and it is as if i can see where the frag was cut from. I hate getting a frag and disappointment sets in because it is so small i fear the slightest amount of sand falling on it will be its end.
 
Not sure if the vendor you are referring to is who's name is on the colony pix. The picture has a LFS watermark on it. That LFS is great to deal with. Many times i have visited the store and they will show me the mother colony.

I love places online that show both colony and frag and it is as if i can see where the frag was cut from. I hate getting a frag and disappointment sets in because it is so small i fear the slightest amount of sand falling on it will be its end.

Not a shot at all at lro. I asked his permission to use the pics and pointed him to this thread. I was using his pics because it is such a perfect example of why you want both. The 7 frags I got from him today say I am very happy with lro.
 
Great thread!!! I bought from a vendor on here who also sells on that E store and what a joke. He zoas where so small when I got them they were baby's and his eBay picture was the mother colony I thought this was so wrong. I didn't want to give him a bad review because it's his business but sometimes I think I should do it anyway. I spent over $300 on coral and when I received it really was really about $50.
 
Hey Latinreefer, we have been there before, we all learned the hard way, hopefully the new reefers take heart to what we're saying here and learn from this thread.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top