Will a baby bounce mushroom with no bubbles bubble up when it grows?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
980
Location
Modesto, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the same question in the title. Looking to get a small wwc og bounce and want to know if the rate of it getting its bubbles if it doesn't already have them at the size of a dime.
 
I might be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that the bubbles are a mutation.
 
They will develop vesicles as they grow and depending on what the mother looks like usually they get fairly large.
 
Yes it is I've had lots of true bounce shrooms develop vesicles over time. They love to be feed and I see more growth when I feed
 
For $250, I would make sure it have at least 1 bubble to be sure. Not worth paying all that to get a green no bubble mushroom.
 
Talked to my coral guy who propagates bounce all the time. He said it will develop vesicals with time and not to worry he has 9 mothers
 
Most I spent on a coral was 60 bucks (purple aussie wall hammer) lost half of it. I'm cheap I'll watch it grow from a frag I'm not in a hurry to fill my tank.
 
They will certainly develop the bubbles that you are looking for. As previously stated, just make sure that the person that you are buying it from had a good reputation and is selling you an actual bounce mushroom and not some random shroom just telling you that it is a bounce, but other than that you are all good.
 
Been searching all over and starting to worry About this OG. I paid several hundred dollars for this thing when it was the size of a dime and now it’s larger then the plug and not a single bubble. Any hints to get it going? As you can see the small one I got from the same guy has bubbles. He said put them together and it will help. I’m lost at this point.

C81157ED-1182-4A6C-8FC7-025802BFAD53.jpeg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top