WILL A SIXLINE WRASSE GET ALONG WITH MY OTHER FISH???

I would be both worried about the shared food source and the aggression of the six line wrasse in such a small tank. Pipefish can't really escape, and I can see a six line picking on them easily.
I do feed heavily though i dont know that theres that much competition
 
I do feed heavily though i dont know that theres that much competition
I was just considering the pods since it's a small tank. Six line wrasses are voracious eaters and will devour pods like no other. I think in a larger tank, the combo might be ok, but in this tank, might be a combo to avoid. It sucks to have your bubble burst when you like a fish. I have always wanted to have a bird wrasse in my tank. When I found out they needed a very large tank, I was pretty sad that I couldn't have my dream wrasse. I want to avoid just telling you to not get it though, as that is not very useful for your situation. I am not a wrasse expert, but I know that @evolved is, and he might be able to find you a small fish (specifically a wrasse) who could keep your flatworm problem under control. I'm here to help in any way that I can if you have any questions. I currently have a six line wrasse in my 65g tank with three other fish.
 
If that dies wont it nuke my tank???
Highly doubt it. If you find it dead just flush it and you will be fine. Tank is too small imo for a sixline and anything. Just a sixline, sure. They are amazing when they are tiny but grow those devil horns as they get older. I buy them as small as I can get and trade them in when they get too big. Best working wrasse there is. No close second imo.
 
Highly doubt it. If you find it dead just flush it and you will be fine. Tank is too small imo for a sixline and anything. Just a sixline, sure. They are amazing when they are tiny but grow those devil horns as they get older. I buy them as small as I can get and trade them in when they get too big. Best working wrasse there is. No close second imo.
In the LFS right now how about these 2 wrasses? Reef safe??
 

Attachments

  • 0319211202.jpg
    0319211202.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 0319211201_HDR.jpg
    0319211201_HDR.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 29
I always check liveaquaria.com for references on fish. Also have your LFS feed them before you make a purchase.
 
Yes, they can be. Velvet nudi first choice and spotted mandarin second if it were my tank.
 
Definately a hit or miss. I've had 3 during my time in the hobby that didn't care. And I had one that would just try to kill everything that got near his area.
 
the yellow wrasse isnt reef safe, 20 gallon is a bit small for any wrasse though. Love the blue star leopard wrasse, but i have mine in a 70 and it paces back and forth all day, 20 would certainly be too small for it
 
Ive had a different experience with 6 line wrasse, I think I just got really lucky or I cant remember if I added him last, but I had 2 clowns and 1 6 line wrasse in a 10 gallon, this was when I was just starting out so i didnt know much the fish store had recommended me a 6 line, anyway i never had any issues they lived together very well for about a year and then eventually I upgraded to a 30 gallon, never had issues idk i think i got lucky, but being that you also have a pipefish I would agree with everyone about competing for food and id be more concerned about that as opposed to the agression espically if you get a small six line, same size as your other fish or even smaller.
 
I feel as though many people think the six line is a devil 24/7 but it honestly depends, as long as it can have its own territory it should not bother most of your fish. So make sure lots of rock and holes in those rocks to hide in. But it is recommended you add it last so it won’t mess with newbies.
 
I feel as though many people think the six line is a devil 24/7 but it honestly depends, as long as it can have its own territory it should not bother most of your fish. So make sure lots of rock and holes in those rocks to hide in. But it is recommended you add it last so it won’t mess with newbies.
It would be the last fish im adding. Im gonna wait and see if i can find a really small one and see how things go. I really need to control the flatworms in my tank.
 
my sixline bit the fins off my much larger anthias, clownfish and tang, he had to go. They are hit or miss and most likely with them, 60-70% its a miss it seems. there are other pygmy wrasses, pink streaked and tanakas wrasse but i dont know about aggression with them
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top