Will baby brine shrimp help promote clownfish spawning?

dangernartz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
daytona
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 pairs of clownfish, one Picasso pair ( about 2.25”female) and one storm pair (about 2.5 yo and close to 3 inch female). I’ve been trying to get them to spawn but haven’t had any luck. Currently have the water parameters excellent temp at about 79 degrees and I’ve been feeding 3 to 4 times a day alternating tdo pellets, NLS pellets, LRS fish frenzy frozen, and frozen mysis. I recently read somewhere on here that introducing live baby brine shrimp may help them thinking about food for the babies lol so I started that today once a week to see if that helps. I have been doing everything else for about 3 months, the only thing I can think of is my lighting schedule as I do not have them on a timer I try to turn on and off at the same time everyday with a 14hr on period but sometimes I am inconsistent. Have a programmable light coming in a couple days to address this. But is there anything else I can do or that I might be doing wrong? Any advise would be great
 
I tried feeding BS, but it did nothing. I was also told to raise the temp, but the result was the same - nothing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top