Will my pin cushion urchin eat my coral

jmag101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so my pin cushion urchin so far hasn’t eaten any coral that I have put in the tank and only has picked them up and moved them around. Yesterday I added a hammer coral and my urchin is now moving towards it and I was just curious if I need to be worried about him eating any of the coral?

A3D15DC0-2406-4AB4-B456-B4D8315555B2.jpeg
 
Hey so my pin cushion urchin so far hasn’t eaten any coral that I have put in the tank and only has picked them up and moved them around. Yesterday I added a hammer coral and my urchin is now moving towards it and I was just curious if I need to be worried about him eating any of the coral?

A3D15DC0-2406-4AB4-B456-B4D8315555B2.jpeg
Rarely if ever they do but rather they pick at algae surrounding coral and of course drag whatever they can with them
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top