- Joined
- Dec 25, 2017
- Messages
- 159
- Reaction score
- 62
- What state or country do you live in
- Canada
Hi I'm about to move my 75 gallon upstairs with my red sea and wanting to plumb both tank and refuigum to 1 sump but my sump only has 2 drain outlet that I can just plug my hose in from overflow box. My sump is eshopp rs200 and using eshopp overflow box.
Sorry about the bad drawing, tried my best lol
So I'm taking red sea drain and one of the drain from main tank to the outlet on sump and the second drain from main will be pouring directly into skimmer chamber ( middle )
Or should i remove both socks and place a skimmer? I removed the middle brace in the sock chamber to put my current 65 gallon skimmer coralife ( upgrading soon ) so I could place it inside the sump but changed my mind later on now it' hob and made middle to a refuigim currently.
I have couple ideas where to put the second drain but not should which one will be more benefit for the pods and etc
Put it in a sock in sock chamber?
Put it in skimmer chamber?
Remove socks?
Also should my reactors outflow be pouring back out in skimmer chamber or return chamber?
I have fluval sp2 return and jabeo 4000 return pump. Should I use pump for reactors only? Or can I tee off and use two pumps?
Also would leak most likely happen if I out to many valve using one strong pump? I know refuigium require very low flow and same with reactors.
The stand will be custom measuring at 4 ft tall, 6.5 ft long, 4 ft wide using 4x4 cedar to support both ends and middle as main support of future 180gallon. Would that be enough? It will be upstairs so can not afford a flood.
75 gallon is 48" x 18" x 18"
But planning to upgrading tank to 180 gallon since that's the biggest I can get for the space it' going to be.
The total height the pump will be pumping is around 11ft and around 4-5ft across sump, refuigum etc.
How much gph pump would I roughly need to push water through all that?
Sorry about the bad drawing, tried my best lol
So I'm taking red sea drain and one of the drain from main tank to the outlet on sump and the second drain from main will be pouring directly into skimmer chamber ( middle )
Or should i remove both socks and place a skimmer? I removed the middle brace in the sock chamber to put my current 65 gallon skimmer coralife ( upgrading soon ) so I could place it inside the sump but changed my mind later on now it' hob and made middle to a refuigim currently.
I have couple ideas where to put the second drain but not should which one will be more benefit for the pods and etc
Put it in a sock in sock chamber?
Put it in skimmer chamber?
Remove socks?
Also should my reactors outflow be pouring back out in skimmer chamber or return chamber?
I have fluval sp2 return and jabeo 4000 return pump. Should I use pump for reactors only? Or can I tee off and use two pumps?
Also would leak most likely happen if I out to many valve using one strong pump? I know refuigium require very low flow and same with reactors.
The stand will be custom measuring at 4 ft tall, 6.5 ft long, 4 ft wide using 4x4 cedar to support both ends and middle as main support of future 180gallon. Would that be enough? It will be upstairs so can not afford a flood.
75 gallon is 48" x 18" x 18"
But planning to upgrading tank to 180 gallon since that's the biggest I can get for the space it' going to be.
The total height the pump will be pumping is around 11ft and around 4-5ft across sump, refuigum etc.
How much gph pump would I roughly need to push water through all that?



