PropellerBreeze II – 4
One of the things I wanted to try on my new tank was a way to cool the tank without the use of a chiller which this tank is using. I coudl have bought clip on fans, but saw that GHL had a fan cooling system and thought I would give it a try.
I purchased both the PropellerBreeze II and the PropellerControl-2.1 module for the Breeze. The PropellerControl-2.1 allows for variable speed control of the Breeze, which is not required if you wish to run the fans off an outlet and have them just switch on and off on the outlet at 100% fan speed. I did not want to do this, I wanted the fans to adjust speed based on the tank temp.
Observations, very easy to setup, dead silent operations.
Below is the PropellerBreeze 4 fan system (They do make larger and smaller ones then this one)
External Module to control the Speed of the Fan
When the unit comes you need to install the feet. A long bolt is slid into bottom of the unit and you install 4 feet two per size, with washers between them and on the end is a threaded knob allowing you to tighten and loosen the feet.
Installed on tank
Configuring the PropellerBreeze
* the PropellerConrol 2.1 was plugged into the back of my P4 utilizing one the Yellow Ports (Very Important) to plug it into the YELLOW Port
First Configure the L1 Port
Within myGHL or GHL Control Center (Could not Configure this from the GCC App, or the P4 Web Interface)
Click Systems
Click on the 1-10V Interfaces
Choose L1 and click Edit
In the Function chose the Temperature Probe you want the Fan to be controlled by (For me it was Temperature Probe 1)
Place a Description: in the Description Field
Leave the Output Signal as is
Second Configure your Temperature Variation 1-10V on Temperature 1
Since I was already inside the GCC Desktop App I already did it their, but you can also do that setting from the P4 Device, or the GCC APP.
Click Probe/sensor controls
click Temperature 1
Adjust your 1-10v is max deviation setting (So in the example above the fans are going to run at 100% when the Temperature is above 81.6 degrees, and variable down when the temperature is 78.00 degrees)
Screen Shot of the Configuration within the P4 Interface (Adjusted mine down to 77 and left it to 3.6)
Since this is the first time using them, I will need to monitor and adjust.
Overall very easy to setup and use.