Wondering if I can get an ID on this.

Stormlasher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2021
Messages
202
Reaction score
60
Location
Cape Cod MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked this up at the lfs for 80$ and was wondering if it has a name

F4DAC590-AEBF-45E2-8DF7-AAC1960621AE.jpeg
 
Assuming its the one below the clownfish, it looks to be wall hammer? Do the polyps come form an individual branch or a main skeleton? Do you have any pictures under white light? Allow medium flow, moderate lighting and excellent water quality. Ensure plenty of room for it to grow in you tank as it can be quite aggressive to other corals. You picked out a good one, keep it happy and enjoy.

Nigel
 
When it’s closed up it looks like a torch it’s got 21 heads all going down to a stem 3 are splitting and the other 18 I could “snap clean off” but I’m not going to do that till I can get a proper ID I’ll get more pictures tomorrow here’s a little vid I took it’s a bit extra but it shows it halfway decently video dosent work on uploading

BA6B4343-5AEA-4237-802C-E3EB8DAF8B10.png C45A5678-B95B-4481-AA1B-2E8E16D85784.png 10A7475E-FDF8-4EB0-9505-2BF2059FB5C8.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top