worm id. doesnt seem to have bristles when looking at it up close

melonheadorion

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2021
Messages
846
Reaction score
558
Location
green bay
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
simple request. not sure if a good or bad worm. doesnt look to have bristles or anything. believe he came out of my sump
20230318_124330.jpg
20230318_124111(0).jpg
 
I just picked up an acan mini colony from the sandbed and had 4 of those guys under it. 2 to 4 inches long but didn't look like bristle worms just red slimy fast moving worms.
 
I just picked up an acan mini colony from the sandbed and had 4 of those guys under it. 2 to 4 inches long but didn't look like bristle worms just red slimy fast moving worms.
thats pretty much it. i dont know if i would say they are red. ive seen a red worm before, and this one wasnt anything like it. any idea of they are good/bad/indifferent?
 
thats pretty much it. i dont know if i would say they are red. ive seen a red worm before, and this one wasnt anything like it. any idea of they are good/bad/indifferent?
I don't know but I was holding the rock base outside the tank and they slithered onto my hand. Just what I needed to wake me up in the morning. They appeared dark red to me but reminded me of earthworms out in the yard.
 
If in doubt..throw it out, if you did not purchase anything specifically for your aquarium I wouldn't risk it
Just my opinion
 
I don't know but I was holding the rock base outside the tank and they slithered onto my hand. Just what I needed to wake me up in the morning. They appeared dark red to me but reminded me of earthworms out in the yard.
kinda what this reminded me of. tried seeing if there were legs to rule out bristle worm, and the look of it was close to peanut worm as blaxsun said, but i dont know for sure
 
If in doubt..throw it out, if you did not purchase anything specifically for your aquarium I wouldn't risk it
Just my opinion
ya. thats generally what i do anyway. worst case scenario is that he was in my sump, so hes not going to do any damage in there
 
kinda what this reminded me of. tried seeing if there were legs to rule out bristle worm, and the look of it was close to peanut worm as blaxsun said, but i dont know for sure
These seemed to be buried a little in the sand. Bristle worms hide in rock crevices.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top