Wrasse chews then spits out food

Live brine and blackworms would be my suggestion for food. Wrasse very frequently have internal parasites which cause issues, soaking food in metroplex or general cure (even better as it kills two types of internal parasites) mixed with focus (to bind it to the food) is best for wrasse.
 
Wrasse grind food up. Big pieces grind spit eat. Completely normal. So long as you see less and less each time.
 
Live brine and blackworms would be my suggestion for food. Wrasse very frequently have internal parasites which cause issues, soaking food in metroplex or general cure (even better as it kills two types of internal parasites) mixed with focus (to bind it to the food) is best for wrasse.
Gotcha, I will do this.
Wrasse grind food up. Big pieces grind spit eat. Completely normal. So long as you see less and less each time.
Alright thanks so much!
 
Everyone has been so helpful, it’s much appreciated! I’ll keep this updated on what happens with my little guy.
 
I don’t think i said hi, yet so hi. If you didn’t post in meet and greet go there if you re comfortable and post.

On a side note, I don’t QT, but I have some years under my belt. One thing that will help you tremendously is feeding/diet. Black worms are great, brine not so much. Check out some of the nutrition threads. I recommend Qt from here forward, but the guys already in the tank will do great if you get there food dialed in.

Keep an eye on him, when he comes out give him a good look over, pics if possible. You want to look for breathing, fins torn, white spot or puffy looking. He is a nice fish
Woke up and the dang guy is acting like nothing happened lol. Cruising the rocks eating pods...I feel stupid but I really appreciate the help! I’ll go grab some other foods for him at LFS and hope everything stays good.
 
Woke up and the dang guy is acting like nothing happened lol. Cruising the rocks eating pods...I feel stupid but I really appreciate the help! I’ll go grab some other foods for him at LFS and hope everything stays good.

Awesome. Don’t feel stupid, no such thing. It’s better to ask than overreact.

Let’s see pics when ever he’s out.
 
Awesome. Don’t feel stupid, no such thing. It’s better to ask than overreact.

Let’s see pics when ever he’s out.
Hard to get a good pic since he’s always on the move!

F2A31AF0-DC47-441D-9DF7-87B2534047CE.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top