- Joined
- Dec 11, 2021
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- United States
- What state or country do you live in
- California
Hey all, first post.
I've recently built a 75 gallon (launched 8/14) containing a few small fish, introduced in the following order:
2x Ocellaris Clownfish (9/1)
Lawnmower Blenny (10/1)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (10/16)
Diamond Goby (10/16)
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (12/11)
Melanurus Wrasse (12/11)
I introduced the Fairy Wrasse and Melanurus earlier today after a heavy feeding. A lot of bullying occurred between the clowns (a mated pair, about 2 years old) and the new arrivals, but the two arrivals shrugged this off. Instead, 6 hours later, I see the Flasher wrasse (slightly smaller than the fairy) lying on the edge of the tank being picked at by both clowns, fairy wrasse and blenny. The flasher wrasse's home has been taken over by the Fairy, and another large rock appears to be owned entirely by both clowns.
At this point I'm not sure what I can do other than catch him and separate him. My assumption was that by introducing the smaller wrasse first, I would be able to avoid bullying from the larger wrasses as he'd not be encroaching upon their territory. What did I do wrong here?
I've recently built a 75 gallon (launched 8/14) containing a few small fish, introduced in the following order:
2x Ocellaris Clownfish (9/1)
Lawnmower Blenny (10/1)
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse (10/16)
Diamond Goby (10/16)
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (12/11)
Melanurus Wrasse (12/11)
I introduced the Fairy Wrasse and Melanurus earlier today after a heavy feeding. A lot of bullying occurred between the clowns (a mated pair, about 2 years old) and the new arrivals, but the two arrivals shrugged this off. Instead, 6 hours later, I see the Flasher wrasse (slightly smaller than the fairy) lying on the edge of the tank being picked at by both clowns, fairy wrasse and blenny. The flasher wrasse's home has been taken over by the Fairy, and another large rock appears to be owned entirely by both clowns.
At this point I'm not sure what I can do other than catch him and separate him. My assumption was that by introducing the smaller wrasse first, I would be able to avoid bullying from the larger wrasses as he'd not be encroaching upon their territory. What did I do wrong here?


