Wrasse Retreat 2.0: Evolved's 270g Peninsula

Is that one of Jason's reactors that I see on the desk? Have you tested it?

What's the big reactor in the corner?

Also, what lights do you plan to run?
Well, that picture is in Jason's office, so there's definitely some extra stuff in that picture I can't really speak to. :)

Lighting will be AI 52 HD (x3).
How I feel every time I get a new shipment of stuff for my aquarium. "Oh look, more stuff."

There are so many things I like about your project!! I love the way your stand looks. The wood is really awesome, and I bet it's going to look amazing on those new floors in the new house!! Can't wait to watch this progress! Following along!!
~Matt

P.S. Congrats on the new house! :)
Thank you kindly. The reclaimed wood selection was done in consideration of the flooring for sure. :)
That's a nice looking pile of stuff! ;)
And it's probably the most organized it's ever going to be right there as it sits. :D
 
Nice build. What sort of acid dip did you do? Vinegar? I just did a Muriatic dip on 90 lbs of Pukani and it was one of the gnarlier chemical projects I've personally embarked on. Not to mention I still found plenty of organic material adhered to the rocks. I'm not sure I'd do it again.
 
Nice build. What sort of acid dip did you do? Vinegar? I just did a Muriatic dip on 90 lbs of Pukani and it was one of the gnarlier chemical projects I've personally embarked on. Not to mention I still found plenty of organic material adhered to the rocks. I'm not sure I'd do it again.
Thank you.
I did Muriatic as well, but I didn't really get too crazy with it. The marco rock was already pretty darn clean; nothing visibly stuck onto it anywhere. I just wanted to etch off the outer "shell", but I'm not even sure it was necessary. Figured it couldn't hurt though.
Hurry up already would ya!

Lol :p looks good so far
I wish the schedule was in my hands at this point. :)
Thanks!
 
What size extrusion did you use on the stand? I will probably go 80/20 and I'm looking at 200+ gallons as well.
 
My pleasure.
A lot of the 80/20 expense is in the stainless fasteners, T nuts, hinges, etc. Oh, and the wiring ducts. ;)
Yes, there's still a few things I have not yet shown. I promise the whole picture will be complete in a month or so.
Great start!!!
I am happy I went with 80/20 for my stand. It was cheap until I started buying the hardware to put it all together.
 
Great start!!!
I am happy I went with 80/20 for my stand. It was cheap until I started buying the hardware to put it all together.
Thanks. Yup; you've been through this rodeo.
 
Oh look, sketches of things that don't exist yet. :P

A big rectangular box...
270.jpg


And some stuff that lies beneath. Just the wet side only here.
Sump Option3_Equipment.jpg
 
Coolness....very nicely laid out. May I ask what the Alpha reactor is? Some type of super carbon reactor perhaps
Quite literally, it's an alpha version; something none of you have seen yet. :P
About a year ago, the question was thrown out at a Board of Directors meeting for my club: "What does the industry need equipment wise?"
And my response was: "A reactor that's easy to change the media in. Something I don't have to turn a pump off to and make a mess with just to dump it out."
This reactor is the result of that discussion.
 
Awesome, can't wait to see it. I agree....changing carbon is a pain and can be messy resulting in people (me) putting off changing it.
 
Quite literally, it's an alpha version; something none of you have seen yet. :p
About a year ago, the question was thrown out at a Board of Directors meeting for my club: "What does the industry need equipment wise?"
And my response was: "A reactor that's easy to change the media in. Something I don't have to turn a pump off to and make a mess with just to dump it out."
This reactor is the result of that discussion.

That sounds like the Avast Spyglass reactor.
 
I'll be the judge of that!




LOL!
 
Will you leave the black stand exposed in between the doors? Or are you going to add a wood face frame to the stand?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top