Yasha goby and a Black Clown Goby?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
19,120
Reaction score
38,554
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my LFS has a Black clown goby but I already have an established yasha, the tank is a Red Sea Max Nano. Fish in the tank include:
- Dot Dash Blenny (Escenius lineatus),
- Yasha Goby (Stonogobiops yasha),
- Pink Streaked wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia),
- Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon bipartitus).
The Blue Star is only in there until she gets to Atleast 2” before going into the big main display tank.
 
Why not put the black clown goby straight in the big main display tank?
I would rather have it in a tank I know it’s getting food, my big main display has the more boisterous fish - I.E. Scott’s fairy wrasse (Australian), Jade wrasse, Blue Eye Kole Tang.
I would feel like such a small fish would be beaten in that size tank.
Another thing is how I find it hard to find “Unusual” fish that stay small like this goby. I also quite like the personality - I have tried the panda gobies but kept losing them for whatever reason and these are the same type of goby just bigger and I assume easier.
 
Guess there's only one way to find out...
Guess so..
I haven’t seen my yasha get aggressive at anything yet so, fingers crossed. This is one of my favourite species of goby so I hope it can work, I have seen them with other gobies just not a yasha yet.
 
Guess so..
I haven’t seen my yasha get aggressive at anything yet so, fingers crossed. This is one of my favourite species of goby so I hope it can work, I have seen them with other gobies just not a yasha yet.
50% of the time if they say it won't work - it will. The other 50% of the time when they say it will work - it won't. I have 4 blue/azure damsels that according to everything should not be happy to cohabitate together - yet they do. Best of luck!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top