Yellow Tang fins look nicked

LoneStarReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
423
Reaction score
368
Location
Dallas, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at these pics of my yellow tang. The fins look nicked and not like they have in the past. Should I be concerned?

399D6C07-8C92-4143-B3A7-D0D11291198F.jpeg


36170EC2-0514-4D6C-99B8-20B08B654DC0.jpeg
 
What else is in the tank? Doesnt look bacterial or fungal...but def not norm and something to be concerned about.
 
Fin damage is either a result of fighting or some kind of bacterial or fungal fin rot. Former will regenerate quickly, latter may not. Fighting is usually more rips, that looks more like fin rot to me. Is it fighting with another fish?
 
Yeah I can’t tell if they are rips or fin rot. They really aren’t fighting at all. I have Flame Angel but he isn’t aggressive. Also a royal gramma, lawnmower blenny and a clown.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top