Yellow tang has some red on it’s face

bcournoyer5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
153
Reaction score
49
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a case of ick in my tank, and used copper medication that fixed everything perfectly. All fish were back to normal. But my yellow tang still has a hint of red on its face. What is it? My nitrates are normal and I do weekly water changes around 40-50%
 
Can you snap a picture of the redness by chance?
 
Yeah pic would be helpful. It could be a bacterial infection or something.
 
IMG_0435.JPG
it looks something like this but only on its face and not even close to as bad
 
If it looks like that I would suspect it's bacterial. I had something similar with my yellow tang when I was carbon dosing. In my situation, I think carbon dosing fueled pathogenic bacteria along with the bacteria I was trying to cultivate. I immediately stopped carbon dosing because of it and it resolved quickly on its own.

If your tang's lesion appears minor you may be able to watch it in the short term (and feed well with selcon soaked high quality food and nori) but if you notice progression I would move to antibiotics quickly.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top