Yellow Tang is sick. Any suggestions?

Yes and no. Because you have to maintain the exact dosage. Too little and it's ineffective, too much and you can kill your fish. Takes longer than TTM too. Pros and cons of each, but certainly does not hurt to have options!
 
Really great job saving your fish.

I have heard of people getting velvet outbreaks when something stressful happens (a move, failed heater, etc) even though nothing new was added in many many months. It seems velvet CAN lurk.
 
Yes and no. Because you have to maintain the exact dosage. Too little and it's ineffective, too much and you can kill your fish. Takes longer than TTM too. Pros and cons of each, but certainly does not hurt to have options!

Yeah I read you have to really monitor it closely and with the right test kit! Like you said they have both pros and cons... TTM is not potentially toxic but my gosh the amount of salt mixing I did in 2 weeks haha! Plus I had double tanks to give space for aaaall the fish. It's probably easier with just one or two new fish because you only have one tank to prepare at the time :P
thank you for the feedback!!
 
Really great job saving your fish.

I have heard of people getting velvet outbreaks when something stressful happens (a move, failed heater, etc) even though nothing new was added in many many months. It seems velvet CAN lurk.

Yeah I agree with that... The only thing that changed prior to the outbreak was my lights which I turned more blue. I feel like it either stressed the fish because it was too sudden (my bad...) Or it affected the cycle of velvet since they seem to react to light/be more active at night or something.. I surely hope it will be gone after the fallow period but I guess we are never sure... Fingers crossed!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top