Yellow watchman goby or Randall's shrimp goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter becks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

becks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
815
Reaction score
546
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Undecided between getting two yellow watchman gobies or two Randall's shrimp gobies?

I assume they are pretty much identical in temperament. I already have a pair of yasha gobies.

IMG_5151.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG
 
Undecided between getting two yellow watchman gobies or two Randall's shrimp gobies?

I assume they are pretty much identical in temperament. I already have a pair of yasha gobies.

IMG_5151.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG
I have a Randall's goby, he has a great personality and holds his own. I've never had a watchman so I don't know how they usually act but I'm assuming like you said, are pretty much the same. I think it just comes down to what pair you really want for your tank.
 
The Randall's are more docile the the yellow watchman. The yellows are Cryptocentrus. Tend to be bigger more aggressive over all than the other types of shrimp gobys- Amblyeleotris, Stonogobiops, etc
 
I have a blue spot watchman. Tough. Not as pretty as the yellows but I really like him
 
Love my watchman/pistol pair. They are super cool to watch..see what I did there

IMG_6897.JPG
 
I LOVE my YWG
 
I had a guy working at my LFS that told me a Randall’s goby will only pair with a Randall’s pistol shrimp but after looking around online I don’t see anything else that says that. I’ve even seen pics of Randall’s with other shrimp. I bough the Randall’s goby but not the tiger pistol shrimp they had thinking I would get the shrimp later but now that I can’t find a Randall’s pistol I’m thinking I should just get the tiger or banded shrimp. Does anyone know if this info was right or wrong?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top