Where did you find the amounts to dose? If I get to that point of needing to I would like to know how much and if there are any other things I need to know.Does the spectracide only raise nitrates? If so what will raise phosphates?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Where did you find the amounts to dose? If I get to that point of needing to I would like to know how much and if there are any other things I need to know.Does the spectracide only raise nitrates? If so what will raise phosphates?
I use phytofeast because it's also food for your other organisms.Does the spectracide only raise nitrates? If so what will raise phosphates?
Does the spectracide only raise nitrates? If so what will raise phosphates?
Where did you find the amounts to dose? If I get to that point of needing to I would like to know how much and if there are any other things I need to know.
So the plan is dropping to 35% on the lights. How long should I keep it before I decide to make it lower if need be? Going to get a kit for phosphate and see where I am at. If there aren't any detectable or in the desired range I will need to get some more in there, best practices for that?
My water incoming to my TDS meter is 14 and 0 out. Filters are changed every three months. They always look clean but I still change them anyway.I always recommend taking a hard look at the water filter performance before anything else. Sometimes people read way too much into the TDS numbers and overlook other important aspects of the water quality. Just throwing it out there in case it hasn't been ruled out yet.
Has your tank made any progress? Other than the low PO4, looks like mag might be a tad high, but I don't what effect that has.So I purchased the Red Sea nitrate and phosphate kit. Here are my updated numbers.
Temp-79
Sal- 1.025
Mg-1600 ppm
Ca-420 ppm
Ph- 8.2 ppm
Phos- 0.0ppm
Nit- 4 ppm
Alk- 8.5 dkh
Lights have been reduced to 35%.
What are everyone's thoughts now? Obviously need to get some phosphate in there.
No progress still the bleached caps. Mag might have been s botched test. I have to retest. Last check was 1350 and I haven't dosed mag. So I think it was operator error.Has your tank made any progress? Other than the low PO4, looks like mag might be a tad high, but I don't what effect that has.
I use Red Sea coral pro. The last water change it was 8.5 dkh my tank was 8.8dkh. It was a 25 gallon change..What are you using for water changes. I bleached my corals by not verifying ALK and realized my salt mix was much lower causing swings
Red sea coral pro is much higher then that, more like 12.I use Red Sea coral pro. The last water change it was 8.5 dkh my tank was 8.8dkh. It was a 25 gallon change..
Mine didn't test that high. I let it mix overnight though. So maybe that was the difference? Also if it mixes at 12 what would you do to lower the dkh?Red sea coral pro is much higher then that, more like 12.
I think you need to replace your kit or at least take some fresh mixed salt to your legs and let them test to verify ,red Sea shouldn't be that low at 1.026.Mine didn't test that high. I let it mix overnight though. So maybe that was the difference? Also if it mixes at 12 what would you do to lower the dkh?
Unfortunately there is a big difference between 0 and 5IMO you want them between 5 and 10.
It is probably only too much light if you don't have enough nutrients...which it appears you don't. I would either increase your nutrients, or decrease intensity.
That may be true. Everything else looks good though. I think getting some PO4 in there would really make the difference. I had bleaching in most of my SPS and the only thing that fixed it was getting my NO3/PO4 up. It's taking a long time for stuff to recover, but it is happening. I wonder what would happen if you reduced your WC frequency/size. I know every tank is different, but one thing that helped me was to reduce mine to 15% every two weeks...No progress still the bleached caps. Mag might have been s botched test. I have to retest. Last check was 1350 and I haven't dosed mag. So I think it was operator error.
My alk test is a brand new Hanna checker, I also double checked with the Red Sea alk test.I think you need to replace your kit or at least take some fresh mixed salt to your legs and let them test to verify ,red Sea shouldn't be that low at 1.026.
I am just recovering from such a similar scenario. I was dosing kno3 and wasn't testing all on new water and when I still wasn't getting colors I realized I was causing major ALK swings with my aquaforest salt being so low.

