I am curious to get everyone's opinion on this.
My opinion:
Plugs:
Pros:
Easier to mount in rockwork if they are going directly into display tank.
More stable on frag racks, especially in very high flow.
Cons:
No room to grow.
Much harder to frag off of.
Polyps that grow down the sides of the plugs are especially difficult to frag.
I feel they somewhat deceptively enhance the size of polyps in sellers pictures. Make tiny frags seem bigger than they actually are.
Discs:
Pros:
Plenty of room to grow
Easier to frag off of
Great for people who want to purchase, grow, and then resell to recuperate costs.
Cons:
Very awkward to mount in rockwork.
In very high flow situations they can be blown around.
In the end I heavily prefer discs over plugs. Curious to hear others opinions on what they would prefer to receive their frags on
My opinion:
Plugs:
Pros:
Easier to mount in rockwork if they are going directly into display tank.
More stable on frag racks, especially in very high flow.
Cons:
No room to grow.
Much harder to frag off of.
Polyps that grow down the sides of the plugs are especially difficult to frag.
I feel they somewhat deceptively enhance the size of polyps in sellers pictures. Make tiny frags seem bigger than they actually are.
Discs:
Pros:
Plenty of room to grow
Easier to frag off of
Great for people who want to purchase, grow, and then resell to recuperate costs.
Cons:
Very awkward to mount in rockwork.
In very high flow situations they can be blown around.
In the end I heavily prefer discs over plugs. Curious to hear others opinions on what they would prefer to receive their frags on

