Zoa problem. Open but the follicles are not extended out.

Bon Koo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2020
Messages
51
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know why. Some zoa follicles are not extended. I thought it may cause strong light. So I moved them down on the bottom. But still same for a few weeks. And getting smaller and smaller. It Is a kind of disease. I don't know. I need your guys help ..thanks

20200721_123535.jpg 20200721_123539.jpg
 
Check your water parameters...sometimes they will start to close when the water parameters are turning less than ideal for them.
 
Check your water parameters...sometimes they will start to close when the water parameters are turning less than ideal for them.
This is my water parameters.
1.024
Ak 8, ca 420, mg 1350, nitrate 5ppm, phosphate 0ppm. Water temp 78, I think water is ok.
 
There are to many causes, but mainly:
• Water Parameters are not correct
• Trace Elements are to poor
• Parasites
• Light to bright
• Water Flow to high
• Toxins in the water


Fore every one there is a solution
 
Have to say it but you need some phosphate especially for some of the zoa species (.02-.04)Max.
 
Agree with the above. I would try a dip and I have also used a soft makeup brush in an attempt to rid the zoa of any other small pests during the dip.
 
This is my water parameters.
1.024
Ak 8, ca 420, mg 1350, nitrate 5ppm, phosphate 0ppm. Water temp 78, I think water is ok.
You have no phosphate in the water...maybe feed a bit more or dose some phosphate to bring that up around 0.03-0.05ppm. I don't have any Zoas, but have several Palys...they also like when my alkalinity is around 9.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top