Zoas and Coris Wrasse in one QT?

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,566
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I currently have a small Yellow Coris Wrasse in QT.
Some of you may remember that I have a nudibranch infestation on my zoas- and I am battling it. I got the wrasse to help keep the nudibranch at bay. of course, neither of them are together.

THe only medication I am doing is Prazi-pro for preventative. Hopefully I won't have to use copper.

Can I put the rock chunks of Zoas in the QT with the wrasse so he'd have something to pick on, in addition to getting rid of the nudi's? there are 3 golf-ball sized zoa chunks I want to clean off of eggs and nudi's.

I am hoping I can do both at the same time, instead of waiting a month for the wrasse to move out of the QT for me to QT the zoas.
 
If you do this, and then the wrasse breaks with velvet or ich. The zoas rocks will have to be removed and ran fallow for 76days or they will carry the ich/velvet back into the display.

So if you have an invert qt that the zoas could be moved to for 76 days, with lighting, filtration, etc., away from all other fish, then yes you could. If you do not have a invert qt, I would not do it.

Personally, I would just pull the zoas for inspection and dipping regularly while waiting for the wrasse to get out of qt. A catheter tip syringe would also be helpful to suck out any nudis you see.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top