Zoas dont look like everyone elses ); pictures

Bradsreeeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
760
Reaction score
6
Location
Reading, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have this one nice littly colony of zoas but the polyps are so small like smaller then pinky finger nail! Why are they so small i see people which look like same zoa and there polyps are size thumb nail? please let me no what type it is also!
DSC_1820.jpg
im referring too the bigger colony on the left!
 
Eagle eye zoas, whammin watermelons are big.
 
Eagle eye zoas, whammin watermelons are big.


Not true.

eagle eyes or watermellons can be small or big. i have seen eagle eyes the size of a nickle and bigger. same with watermellons ive seen very small ones.

sometimes i dont understand i go to someone elses house and i see the same zoa i have theres is 10x bigger then mine like there freaking zoas go on a work out and get buff lol.
 
Just my 2cents. I have the same zoa's in 2 different tank. some are bigger than the other one's. What I have noticed is the lighting. under t5s in bright light they are medium size and the one's in the same tank That is in less light are large. In the other tank with 400mh they are small. They change slight color also in the 400mh tank. I have started experiment with them.
 
As long as they are alive and multiplying be happy. Don't worry about size. But can you tell us your tank specs?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top