300 Gallon Reef-O-Matic: 5+ years!

Even after moving most of my LPS to the 300g, my reefer is still packed LOL
r3Bt1gh.jpg
 
Beautiful tanks! Love the hybrid fixtures. Is that the lumenbar colors attached to the light over the reefer?
Mind giving an update on current fish stock list and how the tangs are doing together?
 
Beautiful tanks! Love the hybrid fixtures. Is that the lumenbar colors attached to the light over the reefer?
Mind giving an update on current fish stock list and how the tangs are doing together?


Thanks!

So your questions are mixing tanks, so I’ll make sure to differentiate.

On the reefer 350:
The LED bars are Orphek, a custom ordered UV/Royal blue hybrid bar. I really like them, for the price it’s a fantastic value.
The stocking there is a scopa tang, pair of clowns, and a mandarin.

On the 300 gallon:
All the tangs are doing excellent. Super fat, and barely any aggression.

Stocking includes:
Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Scopa Tang
Sohol Tang
Sailfin Tang
Pair of clowns
Mandarin
Random wrasse
 
Looks stable and Happy !
Way to go !!
 
Going pretty amazing- I just scraped the coralline off everything, so figured I would share a photo. The spectrum is very true here.

tpNpqBs.jpg



The anemones from @Cultivated Reef are doing comically well. One is on the right side.... and then 7 are on the rock on the left side LOL.

RPyT1LL.jpg
Looking VERY nice!
 
Had to stop back by to catch up after catching you in the Fritz thread.

Love everything. You are doing a super awesome sauce job! Hope some of my Monties and other small frags can turn into a nice overall display like yours one day.
 
First thought that came to mind, can that be composted? Found out it can. (I wasn't sure if the salt would be an issue, I compost everything I can.) WOW to your tanks!!
 
Had to stop back by to catch up after catching you in the Fritz thread.

Love everything. You are doing a super awesome sauce job! Hope some of my Monties and other small frags can turn into a nice overall display like yours one day.

Thanks!!! Yours will get there for sure— just needs time :)
 
WOW - Very nice !!!
 
Interesting! I wonder if I can feed it to my 40+ tortoises lol. Or if the salt would be harmful
Ooh I dunno but I have a box turtle, great question, I'll google and see what I can find out.....
Ok so far it looks like yes they can have it but not in excess, it can't replace their main greens but is safe as a treat. https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/seaweed-as-a-part-of-my-tortoises-diet.173455/
another link same forum: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/seaweed-as-a-snack.95644/
I also enjoyed this article, but then I'm an internet junkie: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/algfoodfaqs.htm
 
Last edited:
Ooh I dunno but I have a box turtle, great question, I'll google and see what I can find out.

I have redfoot tortoises and sulcatas. Let me know what you find out! Though I would be nervous with the salt.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top