330 gallon 10+ year dream tank!

Re sealed?? How old is the house??

I built bridges for 6 years and tested concrete for two lol so I'm pretty familiar as well :p
 
Last edited:
It’s only 2 months old lol we’re the first owners!

When was the foundation poured? Were you there for it? Could very well be cracks developed over time as the concrete has cured. I've seen what they put into foundation walls in homes and it's not always the best Quality concrete which can lead to this stuff
 
When was the foundation poured? Were you there for it? Could very well be cracks developed over time as the concrete has cured. I've seen what they put into foundation walls in homes and it's not always the best Quality concrete which can lead to this stuff
Foundation was poured in 2019. There’s no cracks, so that’s good news. I removed the dry wall to inspect. I’m thinking the lack of the waterproof liner on the exterior is what’s causing this.

B7290C2D-903F-4D6D-B5B3-DC87C1B09504.jpeg
 
Well, good news , foundation issue is “fixed”. No more leaks.

so back to the build! Has any one ever wished they would’ve gone closed loop? Would it be hard to add after the fact? Drilled many many tanks, just wondering if I’ll notice any benefits.

current flow plans: 4x Mp40 and 2x gyre fx280 , was thinking about using the cor20 as a closed loop pump?
 
Yea you DO NOT need fancy equipment. I say spend money on great lights and a great rodi, rest will fall in place. I built my 6ft skimmer out of pvc pipe 23 years ago. My sump on my tank is a Rubbermaid $15 tub. Lol
 
Well things are progressing fast this week! Mudding is done, sanding tomorrow and then painting this weekend. Also added a 50 gallon cube to the system, going to be using it for a pair of clown fish and a carpet anemone. Maybe some corals my wife wants as well.
 
Question for every one following. Would you put your sump UNDER the tank on the stand, or behind the tank , in the furnace room (it’s massive)
Uhhg if you have the option, sump room, hands down!! No more crawling around on the floor for maintenance. Not worried about clearance heights for equipment. Tons of other reasons I'm not remembering at ths moment in time
 
Uhhg if you have the option, sump room, hands down!! No more crawling around on the floor for maintenance. Not worried about clearance heights for equipment. Tons of other reasons I'm not remembering at ths moment in time
Even tho the room isn’t finished?
 
I would place it in the furnace room. Get some of that crappy plastic utility room paneling for the wall around the tank. You wipe salt creep right off. I’m not sure if you need to drywall behind it. My wall is insulated and drywall. I wish I would have done the plastic panels. The insulation was for sound and I’m glad I did it. Killer build and stress! Will be totally worth it. I can’t wait to see it filled. Sorry about all your fish.
 
Maybe in the future, I’ll finish that area. For now, I need a break lol

PVC sheets, just glue them together, done and water proof

Or even better, 1/2 inch finish plywood, mount, fill and paint, plus you can screw anything into them, anywhere

I'm a glutton for punishment, I did 3/8" plywood and covered that in 1/4" drywall. ;Shifty
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top