5 feet Immersive Build (slow and steady updates)

Moved everything to the new tank and all Coral and fish/inverts are doing well. Must have put my hand in the tank 20 times but I’m happy with the scape now.

49b6cb10494df64f8bb8407c26961c9d.jpg

bc8c14154a2c07bac85f92fd5b4efdb2.jpg


“Only” need to install the doors and canopy wrap and this will be the masterpiece in the dining room.
 
Interested in how this works. Please update us on how you like it.

How wide is it where it goes through the top of the sump?

It’s been a month and this things kicks butt! Did you get one ?
 
@Picesduh, beautiful build! What material did you use for the doors, canopy wrap, and non removable panels. I am in the process of having a custom tank spec'ed and I will be going with an extruded Aluminum frame and been agonizing over what to use to wrap it in.
 
@scriptmonkey it depends if you want a 'flush' look like the Red Sea Reefer tanks or not. If you do, you have your work cut out for you. Most of use are aiming for a magnet at the top and a french cleat at the bottom to hold each door in place.
 
@Picesduh, beautiful build! What material did you use for the doors, canopy wrap, and non removable panels. I am in the process of having a custom tank spec'ed and I will be going with an extruded Aluminum frame and been agonizing over what to use to wrap it in.

I used IKEA kitchen cabinet doors hung using 8020 storage bin hangers. Works very well. (Sorry for the late reply)

Latest pic of the tank:
3e0794bf389465903ef21f9c5a5bc88e.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top