5280Reefer IM Nuvo Fusion 40

Nice build you'll have to check mine out what I have so far, I also have a Nuvo 40. Can you post a pic of your new light setup? I am currently running a Hydra 26, but look to put a T5 on that mount as I only want a bunch of SPS going across the top.
 
Very nice tank! Any issues with your melanurus wrasse and shrimp?

No not at all , at 1st my wrasse took a nibble and ripped of a pincer but now he wont even touch him been 3 months now without issue.
 
One more question.. :). Any issues with the maxpect gyre in that size tank, like sand storms etc.? I have a 60 cube 24x24x24 I am thinking of setting and debating between the mp10 and the gyre.
 
One more question.. :). Any issues with the maxpect gyre in that size tank, like sand storms etc.? I have a 60 cube 24x24x24 I am thinking of setting and debating between the mp10 and the gyre.

No issues at all i have mine at 70% pulse mode, imo the gyre is the way to go .
 
I will post some up tomorrow haha its not pretty but it works
Lol. I appreciate it. Just to see what others are working with on this tank. I think I may add 1 T5HO bulb somehow to the Hydra 26 mount, just to get decent growth.
 
So I have been fighting low nutrient issues for awhile now, my reactor has been running on a reverse light cycle. My skimmer runs only when lights are on witch is 12 hours a day. I have added a KZ auto Amino tab, not really much help. So I have taken the dive into potassium nitrate dosing, I mixed 10grams into 1liter or RO water. My current NO3 reads 0 on Nyos test kit and 0.02 phos on Hanna, but I show phos because I feed heavy with flake food. If I did not feed heavy with flake that would be 0 as well, so my 1st dose attempt was 20ml witch brought up my nitrate by 1ppm. It was gone in 2 hours back to 0, today is the next day I tested again and 0 was the result. After testing I dosed 50ml so in a few hours I will test again and see what it's at
 
Welp after a few hours I tested on 2 tests API and Nyos both came up 0[emoji58][emoji58][emoji58], so I dosed another 25ml
 
Ok so i have had to dose 125ml to bring my nitrates up to 3-4 ppm, going to test tomorrow and see how much it drops then dose again.

current parameters:

*Temp 77-78
*Ph 8.1-8.4
*Salinity 1.025
*Ammo 0
*Nitrite 0
*Nitrate 3-4
*Phosphate 0.02
*Calcium 450
*DKH 9
*Magnesium 1550( high mag batch of RC)
 
Ok so i have had to dose 125ml to bring my nitrates up to 3-4 ppm, going to test tomorrow and see how much it drops then dose again.

current parameters:

*Temp 77-78
*Ph 8.1-8.4
*Salinity 1.025
*Ammo 0
*Nitrite 0
*Nitrate 3-4
*Phosphate 0.02
*Calcium 450
*DKH 9
*Magnesium 1550( high mag batch of RC)
Hope they get right! You get any new pics with the canopy you made?
 
ok so here is the shot of how i hung the lights
lights.jpg
 
Also an update on the Spectracide Stump Remover, so i tested this morning and WOOOHOO 2-3 ppm of nitrate yay, so i dosed another 25ml and the reading came out to 3ppm. I would like to get to 10ppm of Nitrate but slowly, so tomorrow i will be testing again to see how much was used over 24hour period. I will be raising the Nitrates to 10 over the next 2 weeks, slow and steady always wins the race.
 
Update on the Spectracide dosing, so far so good i am dosing 50ml a day to maintain 3-4 ppm. So far i am sooooo happy, all my sps are showing better color and PE. All other coral have better PE and are coloring up more. My ALK did go up a bit from 9 to 9.3 so decreased my dosing from 20ml to 15ml of ALK daily, want to get my ALK down to 8.5 i think that will be a good spot for it. Since i am dosing this much in a 28 gal water volume tank, i am thinking of getting Sodium Nitrate to not run into Potassium issues. Also i have been getting some brown algae on the sand and a bit of cyano, but i am sure it will go away after the tank adjusts and balances itself out.
 
Another Update, So i have been dosing 50ml of Spectracide SR daily to maintain 3-4 ppm of Nitrate daily. Since i am using 50ml a day i got a Giesemann potassium test kit, I was worried that my K would get too high but so far it is at 387ppm. So far everything is doing good and coloring up with better PE, my Acans are coloring up much better now also.

Todays parameters:

*Temp 77-78
*Salinity 1.025
*Ph 8.1-8.4
*Dkh 9
*Ammonia 0
*Nitrite 0
*Nitrate 3-4 ppm
*Phosphate 0.012
*Calcium 440
*Magnesium 1550
*Potassium 387
 
so a little update i was doing the Redsea mag test wrong and got a wrong reading, the real current mag is at 1400
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top