5280Reefer IM Nuvo Fusion 40

SUBSCRIBED! Just got a 40 Nuvo set up and running myself. Where do you put your heater? Mine seems too long to put anywhere in the sump area...

I have a jagger 150watt heater and i set it in the last chamber aka the return chamber
 
I have a jagger 150watt heater and i set it in the last chamber aka the return chamber
Not sure what heater I have but it's too long to go in the last chamber... I might buy a new one so it fits. Super stoked on the tank so far though!
 
Hey man. I know you from all the streams. How do u like the Nuvo. And how bad is it not having a sump.

I love the Nuvo, I wish I did have a sump would make life easier for sure. But you can still achieve the same goals without a sump
 
I love the Nuvo, I wish I did have a sump would make life easier for sure. But you can still achieve the same goals without a sump

Yeah I’m going to get the Nuvo black the one with out a rear sump. Not sure on the size though. I can drill the Nuvo black
 
Little update, So i have been having issues with keeping nutrients in the tank. With my weekly 18% WC and equipment i have been falling really low on the nitrate (0.05ppm) and my phosphate (0.01ppm), so i have now set my skimmer to run 12 hours a day and my weekly WC has gone to biweekly WC.

Todays parameters:
*Temp 77-78
*Salinity 1.025
*Ammo 0
*Nitrite 0
*Nitrate 2-3ppm
*Phosphate 0.03ppm
*Calcium 470
*Ph 8.34
*Alk 9
*Magnesium 1300
 
Ive been thinking to turn off my skimmer while I sleep even though its not very noisy but every bit helps and since my tank is not that dirty right now, I dont really need it on 24/7. Good luck!
 
Ok guys had some time to mess with the camera again here are some shots!!!
Acan lords (1 of 1).jpg
Leather coral (1 of 1).jpg
Matt V Hornet (1 of 1).jpg
MHC superfly (1 of 1).jpg
Mid shot Milli (1 of 1).jpg
OG Garf Bonsai (1 of 1).jpg
ORA Hawkins (1 of 1).jpg
Scrambled eggs & Bubblegum pinks (1 of 1).jpg
Spaceinvader Pectinia (1 of 1).jpg
Tubbs Stellata (1 of 1).jpg
 
Ok so Huge update, the Radion XR30 pro G4 is no longer on this reef!!!! I have gone back to what is tried and true for me witch is either MH or T5, in this case it is a ATI 8x24 fixture running 4 Blue+ 2 coral+ 1 true actinic 1 purple plus!!!pics will come tomorrow. Dont get me wrong the Radion is an amazing LED but.... it does have the issue of shadowing witch bugs me since one side of my coral is pale........ I did not have the option to supplement with T5 because i dont have a hood, so ATI 8x24 plus im getting a Reefbright LED actinic strip.
 
Ok so Huge update, the Radion XR30 pro G4 is no longer on this reef!!!! I have gone back to what is tried and true for me witch is either MH or T5, in this case it is a ATI 8x24 fixture running 4 Blue+ 2 coral+ 1 true actinic 1 purple plus!!!pics will come tomorrow. Dont get me wrong the Radion is an amazing LED but.... it does have the issue of shadowing witch bugs me since one side of my coral is pale........ I did not have the option to supplement with T5 because i dont have a hood, so ATI 8x24 plus im getting a Reefbright LED actinic strip.

Are you going to be selling the radion?
 
Did u ever get that shinny new lens u wanted. What type of lens? I should be getting the t7i soon.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top