8 days reef flux hd - bryopsis

I used waste away for just 1 week then completely stopped and just started to dose phosphates to keep it above 0, a month later and i still gotta dose phosphates but its getting stable. Dinos almost completely gone. Also siphoning them out and putting the same water back into the tank helps a TON specially if you siphon it through a 1 micron filter sock since dino cells cant go through that.
I been siphoning through 10 micron sock and notice the water I pour back sometimes has a red/pink tint so I'm assuming Dino's still go through 10 micron somewhere. Sock collects alot of brown/red. But water has a tint
 
I been siphoning through 10 micron sock and notice the water I pour back sometimes has a red/pink tint so I'm assuming Dino's still go through 10 micron somewhere. Sock collects alot of brown/red. But water has a tint
Yep 1 micron is recommended for siphoning as most if not all the dino cells will be caught.
 
Where to get a few 1 micron 7 inch socks
Amazon has them for a good price, and you can always re use it since its easy to clean

Screenshot_20200421-162253_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
So since waste away will drop po4 fast. And we have to keep po4 up for Dino's. So I just keep dosing po4 during waste away dosing???
Correct as your goal is to not let p4 drop to 0 while helping the good bacteria populate, then after a week stop the waste away and just keep dosing p04 until it stabilizes.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top