A "Newbie" And His Anemones

Hahaha! No i do not think that would upset anyone who has had the little terrors
WHAT!?!?!

I love blue damsels. The electric blue damsels, not the blue devils. There is a difference. I should always have one. Of course, I now have this gluttonous pig in my tank. I am pretty certain it will eat blue damsels, if I put them in my tank. So, I will be without blue damsels for a while.

I was hoping it would eat my six-line wrasse. But, no, it ate my blue damsel. Gluttonous pig.
 
They are extremely fascinating, but, like most things, they have their time and place. I choose not to have them now. The wife wants one, but it will be in an anemone tank with noting but 2 clown fish.
They are glorious. I am just not up to the challenge.

You have a reasonable plan, though. It sounds awesome.
 
WHAT!?!?!

I love blue damsels. The electric blue damsels, not the blue devils. There is a difference. I should always have one. Of course, I now have this gluttonous pig in my tank. I am pretty certain it will eat blue damsels, if I put them in my tank. So, I will be without blue damsels for a while.

I was hoping it would eat my six-line wrasse. But, no, it ate my blue damsel. Gluttonous pig.
Six line wrasse seem to be just as bad. We put 4 damsels in my wife tank from mine. They ticked off the clowns and now there are 2.
 
Six line wrasse seem to be just as bad. We put 4 damsels in my wife tank from mine. They ****** off the clowns and now there are 2.
My six-line is not really that bad. It can't get to the clowns. It won't mess with the tang. The blue damsel could hold its own. And, I dare it to mess with the lion.

The thing I don't like about the six-line is that it eats all of my pods. I miss seeing pods. With any luck, the lion will consume the pod eater.


I'm off to bed. Have a good night.
 
My six-line is not really that bad. It can't get to the clowns. It won't mess with the tang. The blue damsel could hold its own. And, I dare it to mess with the lion.

The thing I don't like about the six-line is that it eats all of my pods. I miss seeing pods. With any luck, the lion will consume the pod eater.


I'm off to bed. Have a good night.
I have never had a lion fish, and I have a crap ton of pods in my refugium. I have a bunch of wrasse that pick them off all day long. I love wrasse, but with others advice I have stayed away from the six line
 
Fabulous tank and pics. Your success at keeping bubbles looking like bubbles is amazing.
Secrets? High flow vs low. High light vs low. Feed lot or little. pH? KH?
 
That is a fabulous tank. I also love anemones but only have 4 in my tank. 3 kinds I wish I lived close I would definitely purchase any you were willing to give up
 
I have never had a lion fish, and I have a crap ton of pods in my refugium. I have a bunch of wrasse that pick them off all day long. I love wrasse, but with others advice I have stayed away from the six line
I really enjoy having a lion. I have had a few of them in the past. There are some considerations that will have to be made when deciding to get one, but, I do like them a lot. Note that this is a dwarf. I don't know that I will ever get to have a tank big enough to keep a "real" lion. Someday, maybe.

I have been lucky with the six-line. The only issue I have ever had with it is that it eats my pods. Certainly not the end of the world.
 
This doesn’t look like a newbie, just kidding, very nice
 
Fabulous tank and pics. Your success at keeping bubbles looking like bubbles is amazing.
Secrets? High flow vs low. High light vs low. Feed lot or little. pH? KH?
Welcome, drblakjak55.

Ha, you are kidding, right? You think I somehow discovered the answer to the age-old question? Hardly. Just yesterday, I was noting that some of my anemones had bubbles. Others of the same strain, right next to the ones with bubbles, had none. I don't even trouble myself with trying to figure that one out. I am lucky if I keep the tank from crashing!!!

Actually, one of the most beautiful ocean creatures I have ever seen in captivity is the Sherman rose bubble-tip anemone. (I happen to have too many of them, at the moment.) They are absolutely stunning, bulletproof, and dirt cheap. I love them. Interestingly, they rarely, if ever, have bubbles. Other folks have noted this, as well. So, it doesn't take a bubble to make a glorious bubble-tip anemone.
 
That is a fabulous tank. I also love anemones but only have 4 in my tank. 3 kinds I wish I lived close I would definitely purchase any you were willing to give up
Hi, Nothead59. You say you "only have 4." Give it a few months. You will be saying, "I wish I still only had 4."

In all truthfulness, I fully believe that anemones typically split when they are stressed. So, if you find they are multiplying frequently (like mine had been), you are doing something wrong. In my case, I believe that what I did wrong was start this tank with dry rock.
 
I really enjoy having a lion. I have had a few of them in the past. There are some considerations that will have to be made when deciding to get one, but, I do like them a lot. Note that this is a dwarf. I don't know that I will ever get to have a tank big enough to keep a "real" lion. Someday, maybe.

I have been lucky with the six-line. The only issue I have ever had with it is that it eats my pods. Certainly not the end of the world.
Interesting. I have always heard horror stories of the six line becoming a bully
 
Shut up and post more pictures, you say.

Okay.

I have been trying to get rid of some of anemones. This was a few weeks ago. I guess I have made some headway!!!
IMG_0956.JPG

This is also the last picture I have of my blue damsel. You can see his predator in the cave below the anemones. Gluttonous pig.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top